OCO Global is an international leading economic development advisory firm with 80 employees across 9 offices in Belfast, London, Paris, Wiesbaden, Tokyo, New York, Los Angeles, Dubai and Bogota.
We have been successfully developing and implementing international expansion, export and foreign direct investment strategies for leading companies, Economic Development Organizations and Governments since 2001. Our clients are global and include DIT (UK), Business France (France), NFIA (Netherlands), SGE (Switzerland), JETRO (Japan), KOTRA (Korea), SAGIA (Saudi Arabia), and US States such as Missouri, Florida, Ohio and Maine.
Based in OCO’s Paris office the jobholder will work within OCO’s Lead Generation and Trade Division and will be responsible for the project management and the successful delivery of various client projects.
The role will involve running campaigns with Economic Development Organisations and governments to help attract business investment in key sectors. The role will also involve working with OCO’s private sector clients to support their international expansion strategies.
Key responsibilities of the role
Under the management of the Market Director the role will involve;
- Project management and successful service delivery against targets and timeline in relation to a number of client contracts
- Identifying and contacting companies from relevant geographies (France, Belgium and Italy) who are planning cross-border investment (lead generation) to discuss expansion strategies and promote our clients locations
- Telephone and face to face meetings with senior level executives providing specific location solutions and sector propositions. Follow up meetings as appropriate
- Attendance at industry events to expand networks and identify investing companies
- Developing and maintaining a network of intermediaries and multipliers in France and Italy
- Lead on client communication and relationship, ensure accurate and timely reporting to the clients expected standards and input to internal and client CRMs as required
- Ensure profitability of all projects through internal resource planningand smart project execution to reach targets
- Manage Junior Project Managers and analysts to support delivery of projects
- Assisting with business development opportunities and contributing to proposals as required
- Conducting inward investment trends analysis...
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Economics (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in economic development and/or international business development with a strong understanding of foreign direct investment and trade
- Proven experience and success in developing and positioning location and market entry solutions to leading companies
- A sound understanding of the key dynamics of at least 3 of the following sectors: Financial Services, Automotive, Aerospace, Life Sciences, ICT, Renewable Energy.
- Interest in international consultancy work and business attraction
- The right to live and work in the jurisdiction for which you are applying.
- Very strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Flexible attitude and willingness to undertake travel on a regular basis
- Proven experience Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in French, English and Italian
- Customer focus, Commercial Awareness
- Analysis & Research, Quality of Work
- Flexibility, Planning / Organisation, Leadership
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Understanding of FDI processes